A site for insights!!!
A SITE FOR INSIGHTS
The Orthodox Theological Seminary, Kottayam, traditionally known as the “Padithaveedu” or “Old Seminary” is entering the threshold of its 200th anniversary. “Padithaveedu” was originally a place for priestly training and a centre of English education. It was from here that the English missionaries shifted the English education-centre in 1837 to a nearby location which is to-day known as the C.M.S. College, Kottayam. The bi-centenary celebration is, therefore, not only of the Seminary but also of the starting of English education in Travancore at the joint initiative of Pulikkottil Joseph Ramban and Col. John Munroe.
As we update the latest developments in the life of the Seminary we welcome all our friends, well-wishers and co-workers to a joint collaboration for equipping the historic site with insights of a ‘Padithaveedu’ for the entire people of God.
With best wishes,
Jacob Kurian Achen