Fr. Dr. Jacob Mathew
Bursar of the Seminary
FR. Dr. JACOB MATHEW
Fr. Dr. Jacob Mathew is currently lecturer at the Orthodox Theological Seminary, Kottayam. Having completed his graduation (B.A.) and post-graduation (M.A.) in Economics from the Kerala and Mahatma Gandhi Universities, he did his theological education (Bachelor in Divinity) from the Orthodox Theological Seminary, Kottayam. He earned his Masters in Theology from the United Theological College at Bangalore. He is currently pursuing a Doctorate in Theology (Old Testament) from the Federated Faculty for Research in Religion and Culture (Kottayam) under the Senate of Serampore.
His areas of teaching are Prophets (Vision and Mission), Torah, Witness of Israel to Liberation, Post Biblical Judaism, Biblical Hebrew, Biblical Readings from Feminist, Dalit, Tribal and Adivasi Perspectives and Patristics. Fr. Jacob Mathew is also immensely involved in the Orthodox Study Bible project of the MGOCSM.
Fr. Dr. Jacob Mathew has several published articles including
- Palayathinappurathu: Lenten Meditations
- Ente Snehathil Vassipin: Meditation on St. John Ch 15
- Nee Ee Samayathu Mindathe Irunnaal: Meditation on Esther 4:14
- Biography of St. John Chrysostom
Few of his published articles include:
- A Biblical Theological and Practical Analysis of the Act of Confession (Purohithan)
- Cordless Codes: Gadgets and Mouths (Published in the U. S.)
Fr. Dr. Jacob Mathew has also taken several public lectures like Old Testament in Modern Research and Gadhya Sahithyavum Vishudha Vedakapusthagavum: Saadhyadhakalum Prathyegagalum.